Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's time for Winterformal!

So Winterformal/Winterball (that's what they call it at my school) is traditionally sometime this month. Although this isn't as important as prom, it's still something most of us look forward to & it's an event we spend a tremendous amount of money on. Not only do we have to spend money for the dress, but we also have to pay for our ticket, hair, nails, limo, etc, etc. So basically, it's still a lot of stress. But fortunately, for you, I have found some really affordable (& cute, of course!) dresses that can hopefully minimize the stress.


These dresses from Forever 21 are only $19.80 & $19.84. Not only are these dresses gorgeous, but also very elegant. Long dresses are especially good if the theme has something to do with hollywood. Best of all, if you aren't very tall (like me lol) & you would like to look more lenghty, long dresses, because of its lenght, makes people look taller. But if you are one of the very fortunate ones who were born tall & you'd like to look more like a model, you can try this. :)
Note: You may click on the images to view more information such as ordering.


If you want to show the world the diva you really are, you might like these. I absolutely LOVE love LOVE that zebra print one. It's so unique (& only $20!) I've seen zebra print a lot, but I've never seen them in sequin detail. I actually went to the store to check if they had it, but they didn't. It's probably available in other stores & if not, it's probably only available online. :( Anyway, I like the form of the magenta sequined open back dress. If the zebra dress was in that form, it'd be PERFECT!
Note: You may click on the images to view more information such as ordering.


Now, if you're the type who keeps it simple, but at the same time you want to look glamorous, these dresses would be the best for you. The cream dress has a vintage touch to it. I think it would look excellent with an up-do & red lipstick. The pencil tube dress seems too simple (not to mention, very old school!) but if you accessorize it with diamonds, (real or fake) It would look absolutely fabulous! Just imagine.. Diamond necklace, earrings, bracelets, & even diamonds on the straps of your heels! Also, if you've been working out & you wanna show off your body, the skin-tight fit of this dress gives you an opportunity to do so!
Note: You may click on the images to view more information such as ordering.

I hope this helped a lot of you!




Source: Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Wet Seal

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love Confessions of a Shopaholic too! And I love how winter ball dresses tend to be more re-wearable, cocktail-dressy than prom dresses, though I love shopping round prom time. :) Btw, I linked you on my site!

Andy said...

ohoh Jen you're so nice. i'm using GOOGLE TRANSLATE to help me sometimes (A)thats why! nice to meet you too! i'm going to link you ! :) and about the dress, i REALLY like the zebra thing too. haha!

Anonymous said...

mmmm all of those dresses are scrumption. The only one I am iffy about is the first..... it seems like an oxymoron to have heather gray on a formal dress :P

Mondo-Fashion said...

i love the red one! nice blog