Saturday, January 5, 2008

Help please!

I was on the Teen Vogue forums & found out this: (& yes, IT'S REAL! i googled it.)

ARE YOU THE NEXT BIG FASHION DESIGNER? LET MTV DO A SHOW ON YOU AND YOUR SCHOOL!!! Are you a high school or college fashion designer who is gearing up for your big debut or show? Do you attend a specialized fashion high school or college where you currently design clothes and dream of making it big once you graduate? While others are trying out for cheerleading and football, do you dream of having your clothes in Vogue? MTV's newest show FASHION HIGH wants to hear from you. We are looking for fabulous, creative and dynamic high school or college students who are currently studying fashion and are gearing up to show their designs at their school fashion show. You should APPEAR TO be at least 15 years old, have a HUGE personality and want the world to see your work. Please email us the following to fashionhigh@mtvstaff.com: Your name School/Grade Location/City/State Telephone number Email address Best time to reach you PARENT NAME & NUMBER Please also try to answer the following questions: How you got started in fashion and what you have designed so far? What kind of clothing do you make? Do your friends/parents support you? Do they like your designs or think you should look into doing something else with your life? Do you have an arch competitor? Someone you are jealous of because of their talent, but also want to beat in a competition? Please also attach a photo of yourself and the clothes you have designed Email us at: fashionhigh@mtvstaff.com THANKS! We look forward to hearing from you!
Proof: http://www.mtv.com/ontv/castingcall/index.jhtml?castingId=1576047

If you didn't know, I'm an aspiring designer. I sew a lot. I'm horrible at sketching but my excellent sewing skills make up for it :) I'd like to show you all some of my designs for small fashion shows in my community that I did last year.



I don't really like some of the designs, but it's all I've got so far, especially on the second picture. I plan to enter, but I want to know whether or not I should submit these or make new ones. So please, critique & suggestions would be appreciated. Tell me what you'd like to see, what to change, etc. Thank you!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, good luck! I admire people who make clothes so much! I want to make my own, but don't even know where to begin.

Anonymous said...

Is great to try!
Remember to make nice shoots!! all the luck!!!

Stephanie said...

Incidentally, have you ever made your own prom dress or anything like that? I think it's AMAZING when people can sew really well, it's something I want to learn.

Go for it! :) Best of luck!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

2008 FASHION BLOGGER AWARDS ARE HAPPENING, PLEASE FILL OUT THE NOMINATION FORM @MAHALOFASHION.COM

Thanks,

Jen

Andy said...

I admire people like you ! you can be proud of what u did ! :)

Anonymous said...

i really like the right-most zebra striped dress in the second picture.


but, & this is just my opinion, i kinda think you're doing either too much pattern - or too much plain. maybe try some sequins & stuff? words?

although thats not great advise; seeing as i totally admire you for even attempting to sew clothes. better than anything i could do. good luck though!

Andy said...

Hey! it's been a long time. i just posted something, come & comment it :)

Grace said...

that's fantastic that you're going for goal! i can't sew worth crap, so i applaud you.

as for my humble input, i very much like the fact that you tie your clothes together (like the second picture- the relationship between each garment is clear). my favorite pieces are of the second picture, the two right most.

if there's anything i think you could change, i think that you could narrow your focus on fabric choice a little bit and develop a story.

anyway, i hope that helps. i can't wait to hear more about your submission. good luck!

meliindaa. said...

how do u think mtv is going to film the show? i saw that ad too.

cool clothes;; i like your dresses. the zigzag theme in the bottom picture really stands out

The Stylish Wanderer said...

wow. Thats all I have to say

Andy said...

I posted something new! comment it, s'il te plait ;)

Andy said...

New post againnn.
comment it.

terren said...

wow! that's so exciting. you should definitely enter.