Thursday, January 3, 2008

I think I'm in love!

After shopping, my grandma & I went to the Cosmetics Company to buy my mom a birthday present. Of course, I wanted her buy me something too. :)
It's a "Deep Cleansing Emergency Mask" from Clinique. This might seem weird, but I've never tried masks before, so hopefully this will be a good first. The first sentence of the description says that it's a "Clay-based treatment for oily, pore-clogged, skin-under-stress." I read some reviews on it & people who've tried it don't recommend it but everyone has different skin. I'm definitely going to try it tonight!

Anyway, that's not what I'm "in love" with. While I was in the same store, my grandma was taking so long so I decided to take a look at perfumes & found this little baaaby! :)

Island by Michael Kors. I can't really describe the smell, it smells a bit flowery, but not too much to the point that bees would be swarming you. Basically, it smells like the name. I know, the way I describe it is weird, but it's really hard to describe the smell of perfume. I'm a big Michael Kors fan, but I'm not a big fan of perfumes. The only perfume I've really used is the first & oldest, Pleasures by Estee Lauder. It's about time I found a new fragrance, because even my grandma uses Pleasures!


Source: Clinique, Michael Kors

8 comments:

Jill said...

Masks tend to make people break out, because they bring all the impurities deep in your skin up to the surface. Washing your face before using it can lessen chances of breaking out, but you still might want to try it long before any fancy occasions, just in case.
Hope I helped!

Linda said...

I'm not sure if masks have ever helped me. I just tend to always use skincare and I rarely break out. Perhaps try that with different brands. Usually some work well on others while other brands don't.

I like Estee Lauder! Haha. I haven't tried Island, but I usually like flowery perfumes with a hint of citrus. I'm not sure if that made much sense, but yeah... I can't stand lotion/perfume that makes me smell like food. =o

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy said...

I love masks! but i'm not sure if they really helped me .. about the perfume, i haven't tried island already but the "weird" description sounds really nice. soo, i think i'm gonna try it soon! hopefully i've already a perfume which i loooove. narcissio rodriguez for her! mmh, so good. hihi. its hard to change because my friends always tell that "this perfume smells me" i don't know if i can say it like that but like.. the perfume reminds me! loool. :)

Elisabeth said...

Ooh, I have Island by Michael Kors; I know exactly what you mean when you describe it!

I am a bit of a perfume obsessive - I have far too many!

Ana said...

Oh Island by Micheal Kors sounds so nice and summery. ahh.

want to trade links?

Anonymous said...

"I can't really describe the smell, it smells a bit flowery, but not too much to the point that bees would be swarming you."

DARN IT. i don't know why i'm reading this blog of yours. it feels like i'm reading a magazine or something lol

Georgie said...

I can never decide which perfume to get - I will definitely be checking out Island.
Nice blog!